Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Time flies...

It seems as though I can literally see my children growing before my eyes! Each day they not only seem bigger, but continue to master new milestones and express more of their personality. Although we have moments where time seems to drag on...the cliché that this time will go by in a “blink of an eye” seems not so cliché anymore.

Just look what seven short months will do…

(This is my baby using the truck as a bassinet)


(And here he is putting legos in and out of it!)

All of a sudden it seems he’s not a little newborn anymore, but he’s grabbing and rolling and yesterday he gave me his first kiss. They say there is nothing as sweet as love’s first kiss… it’s true.

And my toddler is talking up a storm. Everyday he has new words and phrases that surprise me and make me realize he is picking up way more than I think.

My kindergartner is learning to read and has matured so much since starting school.

And my oldest just had his eighth birthday. REALLY? 8?

I was reading a blog recently about what you would tell your pre-kid self. When my oldest was born he had colic and cried for the first four months of his life. I wish I could go back and tell that bleary-eyed, overwhelmed me with spit up on her shoulder that even though each day felt like an eternity at the time… all of a sudden he would be an eight year old with an amazing sense of humor and a big heart… that didn’t need a booster seat anymore.

(His first ride without needing a booster carseat)

No comments:

Post a Comment